FREDERICTON, NB - The UNB Business Administration Undergraduate Society has announced their 2018-2019 Executive Team with Ben Palmer being re-elected as President for a second term. The Executive Team composition is as follows:
- President – Ben Palmer
- VP Academic – Kennedy Forret
- VP Internal – Mackenzie Scott
- VP Events – Corinne Trottier
- VP Finance – Triston Moore
- VP Corporate Relations – Ruthfi (Lula) Azzahra
- VP Marketing – Vu Pham
Voting took place January 29th to February 1st in the Ethyl Singer Hall Lobby. A total of 69 votes were cast, translating to a voter turnout rate of just under 10% of the undergraduate Business Administration student body. The results of the election are as follows:
- 68 students (98.6%) voted to support Ben, 1 student (1.4%) voted against.
- 65 students (94.2%) voted to support Kennedy, 4 students (5.8%) voted against.
- 67 students (97.1%) voted to support Mackenzie, 2 students (2.9%) voted against.
- 67 students (97.1%) voted to support Corinne, 2 students (2.9%) voted against.
- 57 students (82.6%) voted to support Triston, while 12 students (17.4%) voted in favour of his competitor, Won-Hee Cho.
The positions of Vice-President Corporate Relations and Vice-President Marketing were non-elected (interview based) positions.
"I'm incredibly thrilled to be returning as President for the 2018-2019 academic term with another passionate Executive Team" said Ben Palmer shortly following the results announcement. "After redefining the BAUS brand last year, 2018-2019 will be used to further strengthen the collegiality within the faculty through new events, services, and opportunities, while building on our 66 year history at UNB."
The newly elected BAUS Executive Team will begin their terms May 1st, 2018, ending April 30th, 2019. The outgoing and incoming executive teams will be transitioning with national counterparts at the upcoming CABS Roundtable held at the Odette School of Business in Windsor, ON, February 28th to March 4th, 2018.
Any questions relating to the election processes can be sent to the Chief Returning Officer of the 2018-2019 election, Graecen Wyton (email@example.com).
UNB Business Administration Undergraduate Society
The Business Administration Undergraduate Society (BAUS) is a volunteer organization that represents all undergraduate Business Administration students at the University of New Brunswick Fredericton campus. Through three pillars of support: Financial, Academic, and Social, the BAUS structures programming, services, and experiences to prepare the next generation of executives. Located within the Start-up Capital of Canada (Fredericton), the BAUS has been a catalyst for student success and opportunity at the most entrepreneurial university in the country since 1952.