Application Procedure for Conference Funding Requests
So you want to go to a conference or competition and you’re ready to apply. The BAUS can possibly reimburse you for your expenses. We want to send our best and brightest students to conferences across the nation in order for UNB BBA students to get valuable hands-on experience. If you are interested in being reimbursed please complete step 2 at least two weeks before the early bird registration deadline for the conference of interest. this allows for a review and approval decision regarding your funding request prior to registering
There’s a few things you should know first, let’s get started.
STEP 1: Before you submit your Funding Request
- You’ve read all of the information regarding the conference and are eligible to attend. Make sure you meet all of the requirements. Ex: appropriate year of study, appropriate major, etc.
- You are able to absorb the initial cost of your flight or transportation. This is a REIMBURSEMENT process. We are in no way able to pay for your flight up-front.
- You are committed to going and will not withdraw after being accepted to attend unless there is an extreme circumstance.
STEP 2: Submitting your Funding Request
- Go to the funding request page on the BAUS website (https://unbbaus.com/funding-request-form)
- Complete the form accurately. Remember this is a competitive process and the BAUS will be selecting which students to send to conferences so please tell us why you deserve to go!
- At the bottom of the form, put in an estimated amount. The amount can be changed before it is sent to the Board of Directors for approval.
- If you are flying to Toronto or Montreal - Estimate $400. That is the total amount we will cover you for so look for flights that are less than $400. You will only be reimbursed for the exact amount of your flight.
- Submit the funding request
STEP 3: Wait for a response from your VP External
Within the next week, you can expect a reply from the VP External informing you of the BAUS’s final decision.
STEP 4: You’re accepted!
Congratulations, you’ve been selected to be funded by the BAUS to attend the conference!
- If you’re flying to your destination, book your flight ASAP! Send your flight details to the BAUS email (email@example.com).
- If you’re attending an academic case competition, the BAUS will organize a preparatory session for you and your team to get some experience before the competition.
- The BAUS needs to send your funding requests to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Once it is approved by the board, the BAUS will cover any invoiced for accommodations & registration for the conference.
STEP 5: Documentation needed to get reimbursed
The following information is standard in any reimbursement process for UNB. Please make sure you submit all of the items outlined or you risk not being reimbursed.
- Travel expense claim form - Attached (please see attached example)
- Visa statement with your flight & transportation expenses
- Online email confirmation and the actual ticket (only if the conference registration ticket was bought online by you)
- Boarding passes - You MUST print & keep your departure and return boarding passes.
- Direct deposit form - Attached
- Void cheque - You can print one from your online banking
- Any receipts for agreed upon purchases for reimbursement. Ex: taxis, additional meals.
***If the credit card you paid with is not in your name, you need that person to write a letter saying that you have reimbursed them in full for the purchase.***